Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Dear God

Today has been a very long day for Mommy. Nicole has skipped the terrible twos and danced right into the terrible threes. Its a battle and for the most part i have it under control....but today was a doozy. Anyways the night ended and we talked about how tomorrow we will have a better day. As I put her to bed I asked Nicole if she wanted to pray to God. She said "Yes, you go first Mommy" . So i thanked God to watch over all of our family and friends. And thank you God for bringing Nicole to me. How much I loved Daddy and to watch over the people in this world who need our blessings. Nicole said okay my turn....she quietly whispered, "thank you god for my family and friends, amen." As i was leaving she said I want to pray more....i said you can talk to God at anytime....she said Okay Snow White can be God tonight.....

I shut the door and this is what i heard....

"Dear God thank you for my
Ponies
Strawberry Shortcake
Barbies
Demon (my brothers dog)
My dog Maggie
The Westphals...Cathy, Kelly, John (LOL) Uncle Bill, Chief, Nikki and Lacey (in that order too!)
My princess cash register
My Dora kitchen
My Mommy and Daddy
My Ballerina
My cowlight..

ahhh hold on Snow White, I mean God...I will get my cow flashlight for you to see."

And then she went to sleep. So even though we had a rough day that girl is my miracle, my angel, my life....so thank you God for reminding me of how blessed I am.

3 comments:

Samantha, Tyler, Matt & Emma said...

That is so sweet. Im so glad your bad day ended on a good note! Tomorrow will be better! Love you xoxo

Our Family! said...

How beautiful, Jenn!! This brought tears to my eyes! Nicole is such a precious, beautiful blessing -- and, so are you!! Love you, my sweet friend!

Love,
Amy xoxo

Allyson said...

This is precious and your daughter is beautiful!

Thanks for the welcome into the blogging community - I'm hooked already!